Any Genesis Fans Out There?

Hi,

Up until today I didn't know there was a Classic Speaker Page let alone people who cared. I take that back I have heard from Hu Powel of Human.

I bought some Genesis II's back in 1978 to go along with my Harmon Kardon Receiver and Philips 312 turntable. Thought I was hot suff. My friends did too. Two others bought the speakers and turntables but had different receivers.

Ran the Genesis unitl 1994 when I bought some other speakers (Avents) for something new. Threw them in the attic unitl 1998 when I moved and had need for speakers for my bedroom.

The Genesis sounded funny and I saw the green foam (They were called the Green Monsters) was sick looking. Got replacements for the woofer and passive at Newfoam on the net.

Well to make a long story short I fixed them and they sounded real good.

And then the awakening begins. All of a sudden I notice every garage sale and thrift store has old box speakers all with rotten foam. I'm getting EPI 100s for $10, Geneisis I+, Genesis II+, Advents and a ton more for next to nothing.

Now my 10 yr old has old large Advents. My 7 yr old daughter has Genesis IIs. My nephew in college has Genesis 20s. And my neice just got EPI100s.

Is there are cure for me?

>Is there are cure for me?

Heh....not anymore, you've been bitten!

Amazing what a few bucks at a garage sale and $25-$50 for new foam gets you isn't it. That's the infectious part.

As for me, I just picked up a pair of AR TSW-510s for $20 at a garage sale. Need new mid and woofer foam, and one tweeter, but still, $40 tweeter, $40 foams, $20 speakers makes for a nice pair of $100 speakers!

Have fun, and welcome to the asylum! :-)

Keith

I'm an old Genesis fan... been so since the mid/late '70s. They were a good honest well-built speaker, designed around sound engineering principles... something we could use more of today.

I had a pair of original model I's back in my college days... drove them with used Dynaco electronics and an AR turntable... Good sound/value/quality. Virtually identical to the (more famous) EPI 100s.

I recently picked up a set of flea-market Model Is for ten bucks. The components were good but the cabinets turned out to be toast (looked like flood victims). Saved all the innards for a future project.

Jim.

Well, if I have a disease it looks like a good one. Plus, I'm in good company.

Thanks for the repiles. Now I know there are people out there doing the same thing. Who knows maybe we will be in style some day. NAHHH!

• 2 months later...

I happened to come across a pair of Genesis 110's, a two-way system, at a local church rummage sale. I have had the woofers refoamed and the inverted dome tweeters still work very well. I am using them in my bedroom now, but will be putting them on eBay around Labor Day weekend. The cabinets are in excellent shape along with the grill fronts. On of the grills has a tear on the corner, but it does not affect the sound of these babies. If anyone is interested in purchasing these before going on ebay, please email me at dlely@epix.net.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking for a pair of II+ or their equivalent, but haven't had much luck. If you know where I could find a pair, would appreciate it!

Rick Shinn

Richmond, VA

rshinn@home.com

there is a website, humanspeakers.com, where you may be able to find a link to Genesis II+. The owner of this site is the owner of humanspeakers and is the only employee left of the Genesis Physics Corporation. If there is any constellation to this, I do have a pair of Genesis 110's (see description on humanspeaker.com). I am getting ready to take pictures of them to sell on eBay, soon. Hope response helps your inquiry.

a-r-man

• 1 year later...

I consider myself a Genesis Fans, I found this site by accident, but it looks like this board is not very active. If there are more Genesis speaker owners out there, maybe we can chat. I'll check this board periodically.

Archived