grill replacements for Allison Two's??

Guest floweringlotus

Guest floweringlotus

Does anyone know of a resource for finding replacements for the grills for the Allison Two's?

Years ago I had a cat come in my house through the dog door and back up to one of the speakers. You know the rest of the story! GRRRRR....

Thanks much,

Leslie

Guest Baffle

>Does anyone know of a resource for finding replacements for

>the grills for the Allison Two's?

>Years ago I had a cat come in my house through the dog door

>and back up to one of the speakers. You know the rest of the

>story! GRRRRR....

>

>Thanks much,

>Leslie

Hi Leslie,

Last month, there was one grill for the model two on Ebay. Keep checking there, maybe you will get lucky.

Many years ago Allison Acoustics called me! to find out if I wanted to buy some A1 grills on a closeout sale. What a dope I was for missing that one. Not that my grills aren't in nice shape (a few minor cracks where they don't show.) How nice to have back ups though. I just got a grill for an Al 115 from the company (15 bucks)that I use as one of my surround speakers.

Regards,

Bill

Guest floweringlotus

Wow, awesome buy, Bill. Yeah, I imagine you've kicked yourself on that one a few times. Thanks for the heads up. I'll check. I did look once a few days ago. What exactly did you look under? Was it as simple as 'speakers' or something more specific?

I did write to Allison about it back when they wrote to me asking if I wanted to be or knew anyone who wanted to be a distributor for their new lines. They said that they weren't going to carry any replacement parts for the old models. Then I found a company online and wrote to them, but have not heard anything back yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Regards,

Leslie

Guest Baffle

Thanks for the heads up.

>I'll check. I did look once a few days ago. What exactly did

>you look under? Was it as simple as 'speakers' or something

>more specific?

Hi Leslie,

First off, a correction on my part. Last month's Ebay listing was for a pair of A2 grills for 1 speaker system (2 grills).

Look under "Computers and Electronics" Keyword ALLISON. A speaker only search is sometimes too narrow for Allison parts, grilles,etc.

>

>I did write to Allison about it back when they wrote to me

>asking if I wanted to be or knew anyone who wanted to be a

>distributor for their new lines. They said that they weren't

>going to carry any replacement parts for the old models. Then

>I found a company online and wrote to them, but have not heard

>anything back yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The current website is http://www.allisonacoustics.com They have replacement drivers for most of the older speakers, but no crossovers, or grills for the very old systems like the Original Ones and Twos.

Regards,

Bill

Guest floweringlotus

Wow, sorry I missed THAT auction!! Do you remember if they sold? Maybe they will be relisted. Oh well. I'll look under C&E. Know what you mean about too narrow a search.

Thanks for the help Bill,

Best,

Leslie

• 3 months later...
Guest Baffle

>Wow, sorry I missed THAT auction!! Do you remember if they

>sold? Maybe they will be relisted. Oh well. I'll look under

>C&E. Know what you mean about too narrow a search.

>

>Thanks for the help Bill,

>Best,

>Leslie

HEY LESLIE!

(ARE YOU STILL OUT THERE?)

04/25/2004 LISTING FOR ALLISON TWO GRILL'S IS UP AT EBAY RIGHT NOW!

GOOD LUCK IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

REGARDS,

BILL

Guest floweringlotus

>HEY LESLIE!

>(ARE YOU STILL OUT THERE?)

>04/25/2004 LISTING FOR ALLISON TWO GRILL'S IS UP AT EBAY RIGHT

>NOW!

>GOOD LUCK IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

>REGARDS,

>BILL

Hi Bill.... yes, I'm still here :-) Thank you so much for writing to me about these. They were hard to find on the auction site - I must have tried three avenues before finally finding it, but persistence paid off. Keep your fingers crossed for me winning them. :7

I also just purchased a vintage pair of Allison Six's, btw, with Rich's help. One of the grills came cracked in two places, but they sound fine.

THANX AGAIN!!

Best to you,

Leslie

Archived