Advent Baby's

Guest special rider

Guest special rider

Hello all-

I have a pair of Advent Baby III's in my bed room that sound great.

They are powered by a Kenwood KA 3500 intergrated amp that I got for free on Craigslist. My usaual source is a free cheap Technics tuner, I mostly listen to WBJC from Baltimore.

The room is carpeted and has area rugs and other heavy fabrics and the Advents still sound great.

This system does not have the dynamics or impact of my other systems but in some ways I am enjoying it more!

What type of expeirences have you had with these speakers or with "Bargin" systems?

My current CD for this system is a black Kenwood 6+1 player- $10- and I should have bargined harder!

Guest stumpy

I'm currently waiting for a response from a craigslist advertiser for a nice looking pair of Baby Advents (8" woofer) priced $50 for the pair. Anybody have an ideal of what they cost new?

Guest special rider

Hello-

The pair I got from CL had the original receipt taped to the warranty cards- I recall that they were $119. for the pair.

I see them on CL & Ebay for around $50. I think with a little bargining they can be had for 1/2 of that.

I have a pair or AR TW110's that I got for free that seem to be about the same size & configuration. My Advent Baby III's have a 61/2 inch woofer.

They really sound nice-very smooth. I would describe their sound as "relaxed".

Good luck with CL- seems to be a good source for lots of great Hi-Fi gear & lots of JUNK too.

Guest stumpy

I just picked up my pair. I offered $30 and he took it. When I went to pick them up they were 6 and a half instead of the 8" he had advertised. I then offered him $20 and he took that. I brought them home and they're GREAT! Nice replacement for my Bose 301's at low volume. Just what I was looking for. Nice bass.

Guest special rider

Good deal Stumpy !

I have seen tweeter upgrades on e-bay I wonder what that would do.

Which series are yours?

I to had some Bose 301's that I "borrowed" from my teenager when he was away at senior week and tried them in the system where the Advents were, I switched back before he returned. I think the Advents sound better.

What are you powering yours with? I was using a 20wpc HK reciever, the addition of more wpc with my Kenwood really brought the Advents to life.

Archived