Powered Advents

Guest gkentsmith

Guest gkentsmith

Hi fellow members,

I have just been fortunate enough to acquire a (supposedly) fully functional set of Powered Advents. Unfortunately, the owner's manual was not included, and the narrow strip across the top at the controls is missing from both speakers. As soon as I finish unpacking the other one, I will try to hook them up to the Advent 300 receiver (that came with)or to my own bench version of same. You know, eBay buyers are idiots. I got both speakers AND the receiver for $255 plus $90 for shipping.

The missing strips do not present a problem (I can figure that much out!). I would, however, like to know what the strip actually looked like so I can as faithfully as possible restore it. If anyone can help me with a pic or a drawing, I'd appreciate it. I'd even pay for a reproduction of the owner's manual.

Thanks to all,

Kent

>Wow!,

>

>Thanks Carl. Now if I can clean up the picture well enough, I

>might be able to figure out the wording on the controls.

>

>Thanks again,

>Kent

>

Check out the "new" schematic at the FisherDoctor link. It's pretty clear.

I think the control at the far right is "INPUT SENSITIVITY". The two in the middle are simply equalizer controls for tweaking various dB levels (i.e. -2 dB, -4dB, etc.). The middle left is for 3khz. I suggest you get a test CD with a pink noise track and play with the settings until the entire frequency band sounds right to you in the listening position

Enjoy!

Remember, it's all about the music

Carl

Carl's Custom Loudspeakers

Archived