Are advent legacys good?

Guest BeTtYbUdDy16

Guest BeTtYbUdDy16

I was thinking with the money i got about buying a pair of advent legacys. My question is is are they good sounding? Just wanted to know dont want to buy them and learn they dont sound good.

Guest russwollman

The Legacy's driver components look similar to the original Advent Loudspeaker. They may be just another variation on Kloss' basic design, though they were produced after Kloss sold the firm. I've not heard them, but it wouldn't seem worth the trouble to buy them, unless you're hot for the cabinet configuration, which is more akin to furniture than the straightforward rectangular box cabinet.

More interesting to me would be the Advent Maestro, which was a three-way system.

The billing for the original Advent made the claim that the two-way system was an ideal setup for various reasons including engineering simplicity and sound quality. I don't know when the Maestro was produced, but I don't think it was a Kloss design. It could be that the Maestro is a good speaker, though. I'd like to hear a pair, but if I bought some, I wouldn't be able to get inside my apartment.

After Kloss sold Advent, the various new owners, who were surely anxious for higher profits, seemed to be ready to do anything to exploit the good name which Kloss' good work generated quite naturally. In these times, hyped-up marketing invariably takes over when a product line has become disconnected from its original spark of creative genius...

Archived