Advent Receiver ?

Andy

Anyone know anything about the Advent 300 receiver....not the small 300 radio receiver, but this one is about 17 inches wide, black, vernier dial with many of the usual controls found in a receiver. What year would this date to, I've never seen one of these!

The 300 was designed, at least in part, by Tom Holman of THX fame: the phono preamp section is his. It uses a differential configuration and got good press at the time. He worked at Advent for a time. Somewhere online is an interview with him where he talks about his recollections of Henry Kloss. I think it was right after Henry's death.

I am attaching a couple of pages from the 300 owner's manual. I will uplink more when I have more time. The date on the back is 7-76.

The receiver had the planetary tuning that Henry favored on so many of his products, dating back to the KLH Eight FM radio.

Bob

post-100192-1138906567.gif

post-100192-1138906567.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest Ballylongford

>The 300 was designed, at least in part, by Tom Holman of THX

>fame: the phono preamp section is his. It uses a differential

>configuration and got good press at the time. He worked at

>Advent for a time. Somewhere online is an interview with him

>where he talks about his recollections of Henry Kloss. I think

>it was right after Henry's death.

>

>I am attaching a couple of pages from the 300 owner's manual.

>I will uplink more when I have more time. The date on the back

>is 7-76.

>

>The receiver had the planetary tuning that Henry favored on so

>many of his products, dating back to the KLH Eight FM radio.

>

>Bob

Hi Bob:

Ran across your posting while doing some research on an Advent 350 receiver, ostensibly the successor to the FM300 with 50 wpc.

I have a 350 with an issue in the phono section and need to locate a schematic in order to get it repaired: I am advised by the tech working on it that the phono section is not the same as that in the FM300, so can't use that schematic.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Regards

Archived