advent user's manual

Guest heyjude

Guest adventophile

Check on ebay under advent speaker, and advent speakers. the s does make a differenc. I have original two 1st one and 2nd one that I could photo copy but originals show up quite often. You need to check every day.

Guest heyjude

Thanks Adventophile.

I tried to find the manual on ebay many times but nothing.

By chance I got 2 pairs of Advent loudspeakers without manual. One of them was mentioned "AD005355" (serial no?), and the other was "the advend/1 - HH111770". I do not know about the sensitive or other information of these loudspeakers. I intend to use them with a tube amplifier. That was the reason why I looked for the manual.

If someone knows about these loudspeakers, pls let me know.

Guest easyrider

heyjude,

i have a user manual for the Advent/1. not much is mentioned in the manual as far as technical specifications are concerned. the only topic included that is worth mentioning is on installing fuses to protect the drivers. the rest is basically common sense.

anyways, what do you need to know?

easyrider

Guest easyrider

heyjude,

1. no specs re: sensitivity.

but for what it is worth, i have compared the advent output to that of a JBL ND310II which is rated at 91 db. i would estimate the advents to be around 89-90 db since the JBLs sound slightly louder.

i asked steve decker of decware (the tube amp manufacturer) if my advents will be suitable for his 2.5 watt per channel SET amp. he said they would work. based on what i've read, ideally, low powered tubeys need speakers rated at 95 db or more.

i'll send you copy of manual as soon as i get my scanner working.

Guest heyjude

Easyrider,

Thanks for your info.

As far as I know, if the sensitive of the loudspeaker is lower than 90dB, there's no way to use with a single end tube amplifier (8-10W/chanel).

I'm now using 2 pairs of Advent loudspeaker with a tube amplifier (push-pull / tube 6L6). It sounds good. But I intend to change to the single end tube amplifier. I wonder if it is suitable with the Advent loudspeaker.

Guest heyjude

Further to my above messages, I finally found that beside 1 pair of Advent /1 loudspeakers, the other one I got was Advent 4002 (serial AD005355). If someone has any info about these loudspeaker, pls let me know.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest adventophile

The sensitivity is around 88 db. They need power, like 100 watts per channel if you want to do them justice. I have double advents or two on each channel and have a monster jvc amp that kicks out 200 watt per channel. I can reproduce 25 hz at 100 db and the entire house is shacking. I am a classical organ buff and that is why I need the power and low bass. dave.

Archived