Positive/Negative Terminals on Large Advents

Guest tombowlus

Guest tombowlus

Which of the connectors on the back of the Large Advents should I run my positive lead to, and which should I run my negative lead to? Or is this academic, so long as I follow the same method for each speaker?

Thanks, Tom.

Guest mainstay

From The New Advent Loudspeaker users brochure:

"Connecting speakers identically to each channel is facilitated by the coding of each pair of speaker terminals on your amplifier by "+" and "-," different colors, or other means (see your amplifier's operating instructions). The speaker's terminals, in turn, are marked "0" and "8 ohms." For any one speaker it does not matter which of the pair of terminals on the amplifier corresponds to which terminal on the speaker. But it is important that all speakers be connected identically."

>Which of the connectors on the back of the Large Advents

>should I run my positive lead to, and which should I run my

>negative lead to? Or is this academic, so long as I follow

>the same method for each speaker?

>

>Thanks, Tom.

Guest tombowlus

Thanks! I am running my Large Advents with a pair of AR-2ax's, in an Advent/AR double configuration (Advents on the bottom, AR's on top). I want to make sure that I have both pairs in phase. Ultimately, I'll probably just have to try swapping the +/- on one set, and see which arrangement has more bass.

FWIW, these sound pretty darn good together. It is only supposed to be a temporary setup, while my Thiel CS3.6's get repaired, but I may use these speakers in a similar configuration in the basement after my Thiels come back.

Tom.

Archived