crossover question

hi guys, i'm an italian owner of a pair of large advent loudsp.

(maybe 2nd version i think) and i have a question for you.

i want to rebuild my advent xover but i don't know the component

specification.

someone can help me?

or you know if i can buy new complete xover and where?

sorry for my english (it's a little bit rusty)

thanks for all and good listening (with advent of course!)

Guest russwollman

Io parlo Italiano, ma e difficile per me. Ho studiato Italiano molti anni fa, nel' universita.

The xover in my Advents has only 1 capacitor (and two resistors for the tweeter level switch). I replaced only the capacitor with a new 12 microfarad poly cap which was recommended by Steve at Layne Audio in Nashville, Tennessee, as the proper new cap for the tweeters he sells as replacements for the old orange tweeters. I left everything else alone except for the tweeters.

You might email him if you don't get the info you want here. the website is http://layneaudio.hypermart.net/Advent.htm.

Guest russwollman

Someone on eBay US has an Advent crossover for sale, but I don't know whether they will ship to Italy.

By the way, your English is fine, much better than my Italian. I love Italy and the Italian people, and I have been there twice.

I just read that Gianni Agnelli died. I used to have Fiats, too, a beautiful old 124 Spider and an X1/9.

Viva Italia! And Advents, too, of course.

Guest russwollman

The 850 Spider is still a beautiful car. And it had a very simple crossover, too. Under a liter! Road & Track said driving it felt like the engine was chasing you and working hard to keep up. But, oh, those Italian lines, especially on the first version with the glass-covered headlamps...pure magic. No other country ever made cars like the Italians.

Archived