What makes Adent sound best?

Guest Vic

I've read some discussion that the Large Advent is a relatively "neutral" speaker, potentially reflecting both positive and negative aspects of music format, recording quality, and amplifier characteristics. This seems to beg the question, "What's a good match?" Has there been any consensus about what amplifier or receiver, and at what power rating, produces the most "favorable" sound?

Guest SpruceMoose

they seem to work very well with almost anything. i have used mine for years with a kenwood ka8100 amp (75 watts), and with a dynaco stereo 70 (35 watts tube), and now using a kenwood vr6070 (100 watts). and they loved being powered by a carver cube amp for a summer (205 watts). the more the merrier! btw, they had no upper power rating for home use when i bought them, just a 15 watt minimum!

sm.

Thanks, that's been my experiece so far as well. I remember audio shops marrying certain components together and offering them as a package deal, with varying degrees of success, and was curious if any were offered as particulary good mates to the Large Advent.

Archived