Advent 25th Anniversary Loudspeaker

Can anyone give me a little history about the Advent 25th Anniversary Loudspeakers? Anything would be helpful, but I am especially keen on learning how many were sold as they were labeled as "Limited Editions".

I just a pair approx 2 months ago. They sound similar to the original Large Adevnt to me. I have a set of the LA, Legacy II, 4002 and 25th year editions. From my understanding the 25th year was modeled after the "New Large Advent". But the 25th year edition is a very nice speaker to me.

Guest rickcee

hi There's a good review in Stereophile ( forget the issue, I think it's listed in the magazine review listing ). J & R in NYC sold them for awhile for like $300. PAIR ! They were apparently copies of the second gen. 'large' ( 1 " dome tweet, rounded front moulding. AKA mod. 5012 . The mod. 5002 was same but vinyl finish) Good spks. Anyway Rick

• 5 months later...

they also have the smaller woofer magnet ( round instead of square) and were made by jenson speakers. They were supposed to attract the fans of the very 1st versions, but they sound identical to the legacy to me as the componets are the very same.

Archived