Anyone know what model these are?

I have a pair of advent legacy's that I bought new in 1989, they are approx 28.5"h x 16.5"w x 10"d. They have pecan or walnut tops, a 10" woofer and 1" dome tweeter. It says advent legacy on the back, but are these the legacy 2's? The reason I am asking is I am looking to sell them and I am trying to figure a price. I'll probably just sell the speakers minus the cabinets. The woofers are in very good shape, tho one of them I think may be showing signs of rot, there are tiny nicks in the foam surround, no holes and only in a few places. I hope someone can help.

• 2 weeks later...

The cabinets are really worth just as much as the drivers, sell them together and you'll get 2x-3x as much as for drivers alone.

If the "Advent" logo on the tweeter is to the side of the dome, its a Legacy, if logo is below the tweeter dome then its a Legacy 2. No difference in value either way.

• 2 months later...
Guest dogmeninreno

Bob, I am interested in the speakers alone, Please let me know what you would ask for(seperatly):

1-Woffers

2-Tweets

Thanks Dale in Reno

>I have a pair of advent legacy's that I bought new in 1989,

>they are approx 28.5"h x 16.5"w x 10"d. They have pecan or

>walnut tops, a 10" woofer and 1" dome tweeter. It says

>advent legacy on the back, but are these the legacy 2's?

>The reason I am asking is I am looking to sell them and I am

>trying to figure a price. I'll probably just sell the

>speakers minus the cabinets. The woofers are in very good

>shape, tho one of them I think may be showing signs of rot,

>there are tiny nicks in the foam surround, no holes and only

>in a few places. I hope someone can help.

Send me an email BoB!!! Earth to BOB!! Earth to BOB!!! Yes we are interested?? Advent Legacy's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Virginia & Tommy

oldtubesound@copper.net

CC: oldtube_sound@worldnet.att.net

206-612-6600

Hi Bob,

I saw you had an ad for Advent Legacy parts, but did not see the add today? Did you sell them? Interested.....

Virginia & Tommy

Seattle Wa. 98125

206-612-6600

Sorry it took so long to answer, I still have them but my mother in law wanted them, I'll ask her today if she still wants them and let you know.

Bob

Archived