KLH speaker

Guest docw

Looking for information on KLH speaker.

White molded rounded off edges, white plastic a la Wilson a composite material, bookshelf, with metal aluminum grilles. Probably 8 inch, with small cone tweeter. Efficient, 8 ohms? and worked well in small bedrooms. Purchased in late 70's for sister.

I forgot the model (thought it was 33 but apparently not). any information would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

They are in storage in another city, that's why I hoped someone would remember. When I visit my family there, I will get them out. They seemed to be a perfect bedroom system before it's time (early 80's). I got a McIntosh MA 5100 to drive them, and have that unit now (family member closed apt.). The phono sounds bad, but the rest is fine and only 2 lamps out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I know this is an old post, but just for clarity, I will post this. I have speakers that match those described by the topic starter. They are Advent/2, made around 1974.

As he stated, the cabinet is molded white plastic with rounded edges, a permanently attached grill made of perforated sheet aluminum (small square holes), and an MDF panel in the back that can be removed with screws to access the cabinet interior. Cabinet dimensions are 11" wide, 7" deep, and 19" tall.

The drivers are attached from the inside, not the outside. There are two tweeters side-by-side, angled toward each side of the speaker, instead of pointing straight ahead. The woofer is odd, with a 6 3/8" diameter cone set into a 9 1/2" frame. A thick cardboard ring is glued to the frame flange, and the foam surrounds are glued to the backside/underside of this ring.

I would be surprised if there are any other speakers that would match the topic starter's description, but perhaps there are.

Archived