KLH Model 6 Takes a licking and keeps on....well you know

Guest farzhan

Guest farzhan

Well after reading in this forum and others about the vintage klh speakers I decided I just had to have a pair so I bought a pair of model sixes on Ebay from the original owner. I figured someone who held onto a pair of speakers for 40 years would have enough respect for them to carefully pack them for the trip from Nevada to Indiana but I was so wrong. He put them together in a beaten up thin box with a few square feet of bubble wrap, some extra cardboard, and peanuts, yes styrofoam peanuts. Well when they arrived here the box was just barely hanging together, the fedex delivery man rolled the box end over end to my door (basement apt). I was pretty shell-shocked. I fully expected the speakers would be decimated when I pulled them from the package, on one end there was no padding at all! Amazingly, the "only" damage was a few crunched corners and the connections on one speaker were impacted so strongly the glue? that surrounds the crossovers internally was shattered. However after looking inside, taking out the shattered glue and hooking them up these speakers still play, the drivers were unaffected by the shipping. I am impressed by the sound and am going to buy a pair of new caps for the tweeters. These things were made to last and by God they do. Anyone who wants to know the name of this unscrupulous seller who I cannot leave feedback for as I purchased the speakers after the auction can send me a personal message, he is selling his collection so watch out!

Hi there;

Thank you for the warning, it is very much appreciated.

I was just recently offered a financial bribe.

To go back and change the sellers negative feedback, the worst possible one I have ever given, hint, that I had given to him this past January, hint, to a more positive one and he would do the same.

It appears that my ebay feedback is having an effect on his financial life.

Thank you.

Guest farzhan

I installed a new pair of solens 4mfd caps and these speakers sound great 10x better than before. I recommend anyone who has the model 6, 17, 23 to recap NOW, don't even have to solder if you aren't comfortable doing that. Total cost of caps and shipping from Madisound was $5.03. OK back to your regularly scheduled programming

Archived