KLH Model Six

Guest giljuchris

Guest giljuchris

I have 4 KLH model six speakers that I purchased new in 1974.

They are in very good condition considering they are 32 years old. One of the cabinets has a small chip in the finish about the size of a grain of rice. This would be simple to fix. The other cabinets are nearly perfect. I re-covered the grills many years ago and in doing so I broke 2 of the removable particle board forms to which the cloth attaches. These forms attach to the speaker front with what appears to be Velcro. There are 6 little Velcro squares on each speaker front. The squares are less than 1 inch square. Each particle board form has the other part of the Velcro "hook and loop" system attached to it. Even though 2 of the forms are broken, the forms stay on the speaker fine and you cannot tell they are broken. It would be very simple to re-build these forms with new particle board. Two of the 4 speakers should have the cloth replaced. A very simple job.

2 of the speakers have been in a closet for over 20 years, unused. the other 2 have been in my living room connected to an amplifier which is connected to a TV set. These 2 have had very little use because the TV speakers are fine and I rarely even turn on the amp.

I would like to sell these 4 speakers as it seems a shame to have quality speakers gathering dust, lots of dust!

I'm wondering what they may be worth and if anyone is interested in buying them. I would guarantee that they all work perfectly.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dbradley

I put a reply under the "for sale" forum as well. I'd like to know the serial numbers of the KLH-6's and whether the woofers are epoxied in or screwed in - could be a different answer for each speaker since KLH changed their method in the mid-60's.

Thanks.

Archived