KLH model 5's on E-bay

Guest Americain

Guest pbda

Yes, I've got 2 1/2 pair of KLH Model Fives. They are wonderful sounding speakers that are, in my opinion, generally underrated, which is why you can pick them up cheaply. A note of caution, however: I've bought Fives off both eBay and Craigslist, and not one of my speakers arrived with all four drivers working (usually nothing out of the tweeter or one or both midranges). The crossovers in these speakers usually need to be upgraded, which if you are reasonably knowledgeable can be done at home for chump change. If, however, you are like me, you pay someone to do it. Bear this in mind when purchasing.

Having read the eBay description of the pair on offer, I feel that the seller is overly vague about whether or not all four drivers are working properly on both speakers. What's more, he clearly states that if they are not perfect when received, he (or she) takes no responsibility. He also won't estimate shipping charges, which gives him a blank check (under no circumstances should the pair cost more than $100 to ship within the US). Caveat emptor. I'd pay no more than $80-100 for this pair, given the uncertainties.

Archived