KLH 17 tweeters needed

I have three KLH 17s with blown tweeters. Does anyone know how to obtain these tweeters? I have an extra pair of KLH 20s but while the drivers are very similar, the 20s are 4 ohms, whereas the 17s are 8 ohms. Thanks, Neil

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

FYI... Don't know if you still need KLH 17 tweeters but.... I also have a pair of 17s and 20s... Although the woofers in the 20s are of a lower impedance than the 17s, the tweeters seem to be identical. I've done impedance vs freq. sweeps on these things, and they measure identical...

BTW... KLH, in the late '60s and early '70s, used that same tweeter across many of their models. I have owned and/or repaired model 5, 6(late), 17, 20, 30, etc... the tweets all tested identical...

Jim.

Guest rickcee

hi i think the klh 17 have the best looking cabinet of any. . . not counting ultra expensive audiophile type . . . and worth saving if not damaged (a little #400 sandpaper & some oil).anyway. . . last year i tried 'fixing ' a pair of klh 17 with blown tweeters . . .30 mm (1 1/4 ) titanium tweeters from MCM electronics seemed to have good low resonance ( 900) to more or less match KLH efficiency & 1500 crossover. #53530, $20.00 ea. low & behold, to ME they sound fine, very good match to klh bass. blindfolded, i don't think i could tell between dyna 25 and them. (I use J.Baez and W.Nelson for voice and Santana for percussion, and Cassandra Wilson for most everything when 'checking out " spks.) Of course I make no claim to be acoustic expert or even good ! Anyway, new dome tweets obviously cancel whatever little " all original " value there might be.

• 1 year later...

Archived