TSW 910

Guest bellyfuz

Guest bellyfuz

Hi, I am the original owner of a pair of these, and I am looking for info to re-foam pretty much all the speakers.......(deep breath).... Will the parts-express kits work? Are they decent kits?

I love these speakers and if I could find another well kept set I would definitely be interested.

Thanks!

>Hi, I am the original owner of a pair of these, and I am

>looking for info to re-foam pretty much all the

>speakers.......(deep breath).... Will the parts-express kits

>work? Are they decent kits?

>

>I love these speakers and if I could find another well kept

>set I would definitely be interested.

>

>Thanks!

The info you seek is all here in the discussion archives. All you need do is use the 'searh' function located at the top of the home discussion page. Entering of appropriate search words related to refoaming should bring up numerous past posts from DIY'rs who shared their own experiences with kit sellers. Use of the 'and' function greatly cuts down the number of hits.

It's all about the music

Carl

Carl's Custom Loudspeakers

Guest matty g

Hi -

For what it's worth... I have a pair of TSW-610's which looked in great shape when I bought them. After about a year of "normal" use the foam on the woofers and mids disintegrated seemingly overnight. Back then I didn't have any experience repairing surrounds on my own, so I sent them out to a place called Millersound in Landsdale, PA. They did an amazing job and the speakers came back sounding better than they did when I bought them. The materials they used were very high quality as well. If you don't want to do it yourself, an outside shop such as Millersound might be the way to go. If you are going to do it yourself, there are also many suppliers discussed here. Some forum members don't like the supplier "Simply Speakers", but personally I've always had good luck with them. If you search around the site you'll find that this topic has been discussed quite a bit, and I'm sure you can find a supplier you like or an outside shop that is reputable. Those are great speakers, by the way, and very much worth restoring.

Good luck!

Matt

• 1 month later...
Guest bellyfuz

Hi,

Well I got a refoam kit from Kentucky shipped to Canada, re-did all the speakers except the back woofer. I'm so glad I did, was fun but tedious but now I have my 910's back.

Thanks for this site I saved myself like $1000 easy.

One more thing, does anyone know what the x-over to the tweeter is for these? 5500hz??????

Guest matty g

Hi -

Glad to hear that your 910s are back up and running - that's a GREAT feeling, isn't it?

Regarding your crossover question, if you click on the library sight and go to the TSW series you will find a brochure that has been loaded in with all of the specs for the TSW series. I tried to open it, but I have a lousy connection and it was taking too long. You might have better luck, and I think it might answer your question.

Congrats!

Matt

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Frogslips

I own a set of the tsw-910's threw all the old drivers away, replaced them with all dayton usa, speakers except the tweeters. have to pay 92 bucks each to ab tech till they run out, but love the 910's replacing the drivers had no noticable difference, cept my hearing

and 225 bucks for a new amp, to drive them.

Archived