AR 2ax Refinishing Project

Guest DaLarry

Guest DaLarry

I apologize in advance for rambling but I am on cloud 9 and can't believe my luck! :-) I was donating some stuff to the Salvation Army and happened to spy a pair of AR 2ax's on display. I grabbed them up for less than $50, ran home, hooked them up to my Yamaha RX-V550 and they sound awesome! Now all I need is to find a vintage Dynaco Stereo 70 and preamp! :-)

There's just a little cosmetic damage and one of the AR badges is missing. Any suggestions on refinishing? I don't think it needs much, there are a few scuff marks but no real damage to the veneer. It doesn't sound like I'll have to do any messin with the guts. Any advice will be appreciated.

Guest special rider

Thats what I call good Karma !

I would try Murphys Oil Soap first to clean the cabinets and then Olde English Scratch Cover( for dark woods). Use the O.E.S.C. sparinly and work it in well. If the scuff marks are deep or are "Scratches" be carefull not to start the O.E.S.C. on them , start with the dampened cloth( olde t-shirt works well) on the good part of the cabinet and work towards the "Scratch"-- * if you blot the O.E.S.C. onto the scar it will be too dark.

Enjoy the speakers!

Archived