Speaker refoaming resource in Michigan

Guest Barrydor

Guest Barrydor

I recently took a trip to Southern Michigan with a friend to help install and set up a stereo system for his father. The speakers for the new system were AR9s. Upon arriving, we found that the woofer foam had seriously deteriorated

This left us in Michigan with speakers that were unuseable. A little research led us to Judith Fulkerson, who has been doing speaker repairs for many years. She is located in Oxford, about an hour drive from Ann Arbor

She was kind enough to refoam the speakers overnight so we would have them the next day and her workmanship is excellent. She restored all of the trim and made the woofers look and sound like new

I have placed her contact info here for anyone in the Michigan area who may need work on vintage AR drivers. Mark, it would be good to add this information to the library as a resource for vintage AR owners in the Michigan area

Barry

Judith A. Fulkerson

Fulkerson Speaker Rebuilders - jbljudy@charter.net

2711 W. Drahner Rd.

Oxford, MI 48371

Accepts Cash

JBL PRO, JBL, Inc., Infinity, Celestion Industries, EVI Audio - including Altec, Universal, Electro Voice and Gauss, Tannoy, Klipsch, McCauley, Pioneer, TOA Electronics, Inc. Yamaha, Cerwin-Vega

Guest tenrec

>Upon arriving, we found

>that the woofer foam had seriously deteriorated

>

>This left us in Michigan with speakers that were unuseable. A

>little research led us to Judith Fulkerson, who has been doing

>speaker repairs for many years. She is located in Oxford,

>about an hour drive from Ann Arbor

I have used a refoaming kit I purchased on Ebay for $25, and they are available for even less if you have some of the supplies. The job was easy and not very time-consuming, and gave me the satisfaction of having done my own repair!

Archived