AR 303 Midrange Help

Guest standic

Guest standic

I recently inherited a set of 303s from a friend, and believe they are deserving of a little restoration. Both crossovers are toast, which I plan to rebuild using the 303a xover schematic found in the library, unless there is a source for a factory replacement. I also have one mid (see attachment) that has a collapsed grill and partially inverted dome. The driver still works, but I can't help but think that the sound quality is suffering a bit. Is there any way to repair this speaker or do I need to replace it? Also, if replacement is the path, are the AR303 midrange the same as the AR3? I can't find replacement AR303 midrange drivers anywhere, only AR3.

2096.txt

Graig

I have a pair of brand new AR-303A crossovers on hands for your restoration/upgrade of your AR-303 speakers. the outside dimension of the terminal cup is 3-9/16 x 4-5/8" so it will be smaller than your AR-303 terminal cup. Step down plate or modification works need to be done on the AR-303 terminal cup to accept the AR-303A crossover. If you are interested then email me for price and shipping cost.

Use a needle nose plier to pull the metal mesh on the AR-303 midrange out bid by bid start from the outer dent and work clockwise toward the center. Take your time and at the end it will look at least 95% back to normal. Good Luck.

Minh Luong

mluong303@aol.com

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/dc/user_files/2098.jpg

post-101112-1173098157.jpg

Archived