Reprint paper by Harry F Olson

KlausDK

I recently acquired a very nice pair of AR-3a's, a 1 owner set "untouched" since they left the factory in the 70'ies. Tom Tyson has been so kind to help me establish their production year and site and these babies were assembled at Amersfoort, Holland in the 1972-73 time-frames.

The previous owner had saved the original brown envelope with the paperwork that came with the speakers. This included an AR reprint from 1967 of an article by Harry F. Olson from the RCA laboratories in Princeton NJ called "High Quality Monitor Loudspeakers". From a search on the forum, i looks like this could be the Harry Olson, who AR/Wilchur had the patent dispute with about the acoustic suspension principle back in the 50'ies.

I have enclosed a scan of the 4 pages of this paper. It does not directly mention any AR speakers. Does anybody know the history of this paper and why AR chose to spend money on a reprint?

Best Regards Klaus

post-101646-1161719714.jpg

post-3-1161719714.jpg

post-3-1161719715.jpg

post-3-1161719716.jpg

• 1 year later...
It does not directly mention any AR speakers. Does anybody know the history of this paper and why AR chose to spend money on a reprint?

I found a reference to this paper in the AR-3a brochure I just uploaded in the "Library Additions and Corrections" section, where it says that repints of this article can be ordered at AR.

BRgds Klaus

Archived