AR Trivia 2

dynaco_dan

Hi there;

A packaging method for those buying or selling cone tweeters, specifically but, not limited to, the AR-4X tweeters.

After receiving a 4X tweeter, very well wrapped in bubblewrap.

I cut the packing tape and let the package un-roll into my hand.

The only problem was, the surround of this tweeter was still very sticky, result, DOA.

The cone pulled off the frame from the inertia and sticking to the bubblewrap.

If, for example, 4 machine screws were placed in the bolt holes, from the backside, with a nut each on the cone side.

Then a piece of cardboard placed on them, just slightly larger than the tweeter.

The cone is now not touching anything and nuts placed on the top of the cardboard.

Then a Zip Loc bag or Saran Wrap the driver to keep it clean.

With two tweeters, instead of the cardboard, slip the other tweeter on, so that they are face to face.

Now they are not touching and can be wrapped to keep them clean.

Guest linedrive

Great advice for packaging these drivers, Vern. How frustrating is it to find perfectly good tweeters that have survived decades' worth of use, only to be destroyed in shipping?

>Great advice for packaging these drivers, Vern. How

>frustrating is it to find perfectly good tweeters that have

>survived decades' worth of use, only to be destroyed in

>shipping?

Hi Ted;

I send an introduction to each and every seller prior to my bidding, 99.9% of the time.

I ask for specific packaging methods be done, among other things.

If the reply is no, I move on to another auction.

Most all times I receive everything packaged as suggested.

Other members may have other advice, but I wish this, Trivia 2, was read by all ebay sellers.

Particularly, Trivia 3 regarding packaging AR midranges.

I received one with just a layer of bubblewrap and peanuts.

Destroyed the midrange driver, because of it's extreme weight floating in peanuts.

Firm foam would have been great.

Sometimes sellers with a lot of transactions, get an, "I am the greatest packager", attitude.

I feel if one was to anticipate that the carton will be dropped from waist height onto concrete, they may re-think their methods.

I believe that some think that because they placed it in a box it will survive shipment, duh.

I will be adding to the, ebay posting, again in a day or two, not good news.

Archived