Just picked up some AR-1's

Guest cwerner

Guest cwerner

Hi everybody, this is my first post here, but I have browsed the forum quite a bit to get information.

Anyway, today I picked up a pair of AR-1's with two different serial numbers: 8348 and 4021. They are somewhat similar, however the grill cloth is different, and the back terminals vary in that the 8348 has a pot for treble and 3 terminal posts, while the 4021 has 7 terminal posts that you can connect differently for different amounts of high end. The grill cloth was coming up a bit so I could take a peek at the speakers and they looked to be in decent shape, but I couldn't get a great view. I tested them breifly and both seem to work. Does anyone have any more information about these model numbers, or anything they want me to post more info about? I'll take some photographs later. Thanks.

Quick edit: these seem to be fairly similar to the ones posted in the AR-1 anamolies thread.

Guest soundlove

My AR1 speakers will be repaired soon. Iam lucky

Reimer audio in Canada Owner is an old musician he does

Immaculate restoration .specializing in speaker making,does repairs for rock bands &audiophiles fixing

And designing audio & sound systems for musicians.He is an older guy grew up with Altec Klipsch and electro voice speakers stuff.I will take pictures of my AR1 speakers and crossover.My speakers has also more terminal posts

soundlove

Archived