AR Model Unknown

Guest robs

Guest Bret

"Rock Partners" is the model.

They really sound better than you'd think. At least they sound much better than I would have guessed.

Guest robs

>"Rock Partners" is the model.

>

>They really sound better than you'd think. At least they

>sound much better than I would have guessed.

>

>

Way to go Bret... Thanks much.

AR, like most companies, always tried to capitalize on the success of existing models by extending the line with similar models. Sometimes it was successful, sometimes less so.

The MST/1 was a good example, trying to work off the unexpectedly good market fortunes of the LST. The LST-2 was less notable, and with the MST/1, AR had run that horse for all it was worth.

Then in the mid-80's, AR hit an unexpected double down the line (AR had long since stopped hitting home runs) with the original Powered Partner. As a matter of fact, the Partner became their best-selling single model during that time period.

In a transparent effort to try to build on the "Partner" theme, AR intro'd the Rock Partner in the late '80's (around '87). It was styled to look sort of like a rock band's stage monitor, hence the name "Rock" Partner.

Actually, it was a pretty good sounding speaker. Totally passive, it had no built-in amplification like the Powered Partner. The Rock Partner may very well have been the last production use of the excellent 1 1/4" cone tweeter.

Shortly after AR intro'd the TSW series, they came out with a TSW-styled version of the Powered Partner called the TSW-115P, trying once again to leverage a past marketing success into another winner. Unfortunately, the TSW-115P was a foul-out off the first base side. No runs, no hits, two men left on.

Steve F.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SherwoodFool

I just saw your posts About Rock Partners, I own a set.

But Does Anyone have info on amped(65wts/ch) version called Studio Partners?

Archived