For AR-9, 90, and LST Owners

Guest linedrive

Guest linedrive

we've just placed a McIntosh MC7270 power amplifier on ebay - because it has a buy-it-now price, it's possible that this won't last too long, and I wanted to give a heads-up to those on the forum. For owners of the above-mentioned speakers, the Mac provides 270 (minimum) watts/channel, through the appropriate Autoformer tap.

The 7270 came a bit after the AR-9, and was the replacement for the MC2205, and MC2255, which were first-rate matches for the 9. Hope someone here gets it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=9705688383

Guest linedrive

Do you mean that the MC7270 was missing its meters, or that they were broken? To the best of my knowledge, there is no meter-less version of the MC7270.

McIntosh stopped manufacturing meter-less versions of their amplifiers with the MC2250, which dated from 1982-1987, and was a stripped-down MC2255.

Theirs is the version without the meters. These guys have a massive warehouse full of vintage stuff, some good, some excellent, some good for nothing but parts or nostaliga. If these guys don't have what your looking for, it's really rare... I saw a pair of Reubin Guss speakers go through the place about year ago.

Archived