What's with Layne Audio?

Guest rbferrell

Guest rbferrell

I've tried calling Layne Audio during the past month for AR-3a parts, but got a recorded "this number is temporarily disconnected" message. Now I get a "this number is not in service" message. They also haven't responded to e-mail inquiries. Anybody know what's going on?

Guest dogmeninreno

>I've tried calling Layne Audio during the past month for

>AR-3a parts, but got a recorded "this number is

>temporarily disconnected" message. Now I get a

>"this number is not in service" message. They also

>haven't responded to e-mail inquiries. Anybody know what's

>going on?

I too have been trying to get ahold of Layne for a year now..I believe I can speak for others on this forum whom have the same problem with Steven @ Layne..I would just give up but good luck..Dale

>I've tried calling Layne Audio during the past month for

>AR-3a parts, but got a recorded "this number is

>temporarily disconnected" message. Now I get a

>"this number is not in service" message. They also

>haven't responded to e-mail inquiries. Anybody know what's

>going on?

I must have seen posts similar to this at least 50 times in the last couple of years. I gave up on Lame, oops, I mean Layne Audio a long time ago. Try AB Tech in Mass. I think they have more authentic AR parts anyway. My experience with Layne when I was lucky enough to catch him was that his parts were typically aftermarket copies or alternates.

Remember, it's all about the music

Carl

Carl's Custom Loudspeakers

Guest rbferrell

Thanks. I'm new to the forum, and want to get my AR-3a's back in service. ABtech has been been responsive. I bought the AR's in late '74 (low 94K serials); the woofer foam disintegrated in the late '80's but all else including grills and stands are in good shape (2 pots are questionable, the other 2 cleaned up well). The 'Speaker Exchange' in Tampa (www.speakerex.com) is working on the woofers. The AR's were the prize of my life 30 years ago, and I'd like my sons to hear them now.

>Try AB Tech in Mass. I think they have more authentic AR

>parts anyway.

>

>hi there Carl. Do you have any contact info for them?

>Thanks

>Phil.

Yup. Their phone number is 800-225-9847. Ask for Carlos or Jason. I believe they are located in Hopedale, Mass. Sorry, I don't have an address there.

Remember, it's all about the music

Carl

Carl's Custom Loudspeakers

• 3 weeks later...

Archived