ar grill cloth

cotascope

>i have some ar speakers i got off ebay and would like to know how to take off the tobacco stains, otherwise they are in good shape<

John -

It matters what model they are and their age is, if you know it. The grills changed along the way.

>>i have some ar speakers i got off ebay and would like to

>know how to take off the tobacco stains, otherwise they are in

>good shape<

>

>John -

>

>It matters what model they are and their age is, if you know

>it. The grills changed along the way.

Hi John;

If you are referring to the early beige linen cloth, I did try something a year or so ago.

A spot patch was done because of tar and nicotine stains, as well.

I did not remove the cloth from the frame nor did I soak it.

We must use caution on some of the older parts because they have become fragile over the years.

I wanted to remove the staples and soak the cloth but the frame is hardboard and is now very hard and I have found not to receptive to new staple holes.

The spot touch came up cleaner than the stain.

I used a local product called, "Pink Solution", manufactured locally in Vancouver BC.

I am sure there is many equivalents out there as well.

Perhaps someone else has tried a national brand product that they might recommend.

"Oxy Clean", may be another, but I haven't tried it yet.

As I was learning to do laundery years ago, I thought I would wash my bedroom curtains.

I never asked anyone for advice and so I ended up with a clothes washer full of fibres and that is all she wrote.

I will assume we should just soak the cloths in a solution rather than agitate with an automatic washer.

There is no second chance with the cloths.

Good luck and we'll hope others have had a better experience.

Archived