Why So Many Korean Buyers Lately on eBay for AR Speakers?

Guest Vinyl Rules

Guest Vinyl Rules

I've been following AR auctions on eBay and have noticed many recent sales of classic AR speakers to buyers located in Korea.

For example, set of AR-4x's closed a day or so ago for about $162 - With shipping & duty, the acutal cost will likely be twice that.

Am curious as to the sudden interest in AR in Korea?

Anyone have any suggestions/ideas? :D

Thanks.

>I've been following AR auctions on eBay and have noticed many

>recent sales of classic AR speakers to buyers located in

>Korea.

>

>For example, set of AR-4x's closed a day or so ago for about

>$162 - With shipping & duty, the acutal cost will likely be

>twice that.

>

>Am curious as to the sudden interest in AR in Korea?

>

>Anyone have any suggestions/ideas? :D

>

>Thanks.

Hi there

I have also noticed the same flow of AR in particular.

Do they know something we don't?

Have a great day.

Guest postjob62

Don't know myself, but if you find yourself bidding against overseas folksin an AR auction, be careful. I have encountered several situations lately bidding where the prices were exaggerated beyond value by overseas bidders, only to notice the AR items being relisted the next day. I assume that this must be due to the sticker shock of shipping when it is quoted.

The interesting thing is that many of these auctions stipulate "no overseas shipping" or something of the like but then allow it anyway! I suppose it must be greedy sellers who are willing to ignore their own terms in hopes that something might be worked out afterwards. It is, of course their perogative, but I wish they'd be up front about their terms of sale.

The object is to separate reality from fallacy when getting caught up in such an auction. Of course, if the trend continues I suppose then what seems to be fallacy will have become reality...

Ed

Archived