AR and Asian Enthusiasts

Guest pbda

Guest pbda

I've been following a number of auctions on eBay recently, and have noticed that South Korean (and to a lesser extent Hong Kong and Taiwanese) members are aggressively bidding for AR speakers. I've noticed this especially with Julian Hirst's LSTs and a number of auction for AR-3s.

Any ideas on the particular attraction? I don't see European or Canadian bidders going so actively for these speakers.

Guest Mullard

yea, because in their mind, AR only single digit are collectable. There are also some name beands in different fields are like treasures to them. For example Mcintosh, Quad, Rotel, B&W and Linn ....etc. In Asia, there are lots of killer tube amps but not solidstate. We can talk about it more. email me. have a good long weekend.

Asia seems to be buying the audio products which made the U.S. great, but we no longer produce(what a shame). They've bought the solid state stuff as well.........last year I bought a KLH model 13 stereophonic adapter offered in Hong Kong ebay auction for $100 which is about 1/4 of what they go for in the States. It had been brought there back in the 70's. It's voyage took three months, but it made it in working condition.

• 1 month later...

>I've been following a number of auctions on eBay recently,

>and have noticed that South Korean (and to a lesser extent

>Hong Kong and Taiwanese) members are aggressively bidding for

>AR speakers. I've noticed this especially with Julian Hirst's

>LSTs and a number of auction for AR-3s.

>

>Any ideas on the particular attraction? I don't see European

>or Canadian bidders going so actively for these speakers.

Europe and Canada are going down along with the USA, while Asia is rising. We are all reponsible for the trend too (who all has asian made cars ?).

Maybe some of us can get rich selling off all these "collectibles" overseas.

100,000 $ AR3s anyone ??

Archived