Update: AR-17 grills

L.T.

Back in August I posted a question about finding replacement grills for my AR-17's. I got these made at Foam Speaker Grills in Stanwood MI. The website is foamspeakergrills.com. They do a very good job. When I got these speakers they had new surrounds but the person did not replace the gaskets. Maybe because they seem to be an odd size. Most of the 8 inch gaskets I tried had a 7 1/4 ID. I needed something smaller and had to trim 4 piece gaskets to fit. I'm pretty sure the originals were one piece. After spending weeks on the internet I found nothing to fit. They are purely cosmetic as you don't need them for a front mount speaker, but it looks better than the bare frame. Everything else is original except the wire connectors. Only one speaker had the original fasteners.  I replaced these with larger brass ones to fit the larger spades on my cables. I was very lucky to find a pair of these AR's with such nice original cabinets. I think this is a great site, and enjoy visiting here. Happy Holidays!

IMG_0699 mod..jpg

IMG_0698 mod..jpg