Cleaning Pots

Guest duppylee

Guest duppylee

Hello all great site glad i found it! I have a pair of AR-2ax's that i'm reviving and need step by step details on how to clean and lube the pots . Which at this point have no contact. So i'm sure there are more than a few postings on this but i can't seem to find them. I tried searching "pots" in the search bar but nothing came up. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest treblehit

See if the thread "AR-4X, Tweeter Control Replacement" from 2003 has the information you need. It's pretty short.

You also might want to search the term "dielectric."

It's pretty straight-forward, even for a non-techie, but they do have to come out of the cabinet. Remembering which wire goes where is important! I thought I'd "remember" once and ended-up having to take another speaker apart for reference.

Bret

>See if the thread "AR-4X, Tweeter Control Replacement" from

>2003 has the information you need. It's pretty short.

>

>You also might want to search the term "dielectric."

>

>It's pretty straight-forward, even for a non-techie, but they

>do have to come out of the cabinet. Remembering which wire

>goes where is important! I thought I'd "remember" once and

>ended-up having to take another speaker apart for reference.

>

>Bret

Hi Bret. You may want to do ao word search "cleaning pots" on this site. This subject has come up frequently in the past mostly for the AR3a's but the techniques should be the same.

Carl

>You may want to do ao word search "cleaning pots" on this site.<

Carl,

I suggested he do the "dielectric" search because I remembered a thread where Tom described cleaning the control AND a suggestion was made (but I don't remember by whom) about dielectric grease, which Tom replied to as being a pretty-good idea.

Whoever I just "dis'ed" by not remembering that they made that top-quality suggestion, I apologize.

Bret

Archived