AR driver information

Guest Jay_74

Guest Jay_74

Hi all,

just new in this great forum and I have a question for you:

A friend of mine game me a couple of AR93EQ and I've opened one of them as I have to rebuild one of the holder of the woofer (by the way, booth the tweo woofer should be re-foamed), and I discovered that the drivers of this speaker are built by an Italian firm... I'm living in Italy, so I wonder if those speaker have been built in Italy, or someone has changed the drivers.

Any hints ?

Thanks,

Gianluca

Guest Jay_74

It's me again...

I had a closer look to the cross over and I'm pretty sure it's not original, in fact it's made of three capacitor glued on a piece of plastic with a strange coil ... I have a picture of it.

Plus I've also a pic of the midrange woofer... some of you can confirm my suspects ?

And know I'm asking if those speakers are good enough to be repaired ... ?

post-101082-1091394090.jpg

post-3-1091394090.jpg

I'm not the least familiar with the speakers that you have, but I am willing to hazard the guess that the crossovers look original. The woofer does not.

Bret

Guest Nigel

>Plus I've also a pic of the midrange woofer... some of you can

>confirm my suspects ?

>And know I'm asking if those speakers are good enough to be

>repaired ... ?

If you can find some original AR drivers, these are truely incredible speakers - very accurate.

Guest Jay_74

>If you can find some original AR drivers, these are truely

>incredible speakers - very accurate.

I can imagine, but I still don't have an idea of the cost of the full set of drivers, I mean, 2x: tweeter, mid and double woofer... even if I can get them used, they will cost a lot I fear...

Anyway, I will keep those speaker somewhere weaiting for some extra money to fix them.

Thanks a lot to everybody.

Gianluca

Archived