ARUK1 speakers

Guest robbieacma

Guest robbieacma

Does anyone know anything about these Acoustic Research speakers. They look like AR925's which I believe were an interim or trial range 3 way with a 10inch woofer unit.

Any info on Ar925,s much appreciated as well

Thanks

Robert

Guest dogmeninreno

>Does anyone know anything about these Acoustic Research

>speakers. They look like AR925's which I believe were an

>interim or trial range 3 way with a 10inch woofer unit.

>

>Any info on Ar925,s much appreciated as well

>

>Thanks

>

>Robert

In order for most of us to assist, Please advise with a couple of photos. I am not familiar with this model. Dale

Guest robbieacma

Dale,

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of either model. I can only describe them.

The AR925's are in a cabinet that is very similar to AR93's and 94's but are 3-way comprising of a 10" woofer front facing, a mid range 1 and 1/2 inch dome and a 1 and 1/4 inch cone tweeter,

The units are covered with a dark brown "sock" sometimes called an acoustic cloth. I bought them in the early eighties new.

The foam on the woofers decayed however I managed to find replacement units from a US supplier, took me 6 months but the wait was well worth while. I did consider re-foaming the originals, may do some time in the future.Someone, when I was looking for replacement woofers told me the AR925 were an interim model

The ARUK1's externally look to be identical, from pictures I have seen. I can't find any reference to them either outher than the url enclosed

Archived