Help ID these mystery speakers made by Goodman's of England?

Hello!

I picked up this set of Goodmans three way speakers today and for the life of me cannot find any information about them online. I've looked at all the catalog scans and have searched the threads on here and the classic speaker pages and nada.

Do any of you recognize them?

24"H x 15"W x 11"D. Woofer is 12", mid 4.24" and tweeter is 3".

One says model 2935, the other says model 2915 however they appear to be identical.

The lower grill is woven with a green and tan color to it and is held on with six squares of hook and loops fastener and it comes off with a ribbon pull tab.

The upper piece is faux black leather is stapled over a piece of walnut veneer and it reveals the two adjustments for the mid and treble. A nice touch is the center of the dials has a reflective silver disc piece as decorative trim.

The cabinets are real walnut and the grill frames are cut out from a single piece of real wood. The woofer cones have rubber surrounds. The inputs accept banana plugs.

The drivers all work and the pots do too. They need a cleaning though as there is a bit of scratch/dropout on one of them when I cycle through its adjustment range.

IMG_3580.JPG

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 8.05.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 8.06.40 PM.png

IMG_3577.JPG

IMG_3574.JPG

On 4/22/2018 at 11:07 PM, datenschwanz said:

I picked up this set of Goodmans three way speakers...

Greetings, and welcome to the forum. Those speakers are totally unfamiliar to me, but what makes you so certain that they are Goodmans? There appear to be no identifying marks anywhere, so you may have to remove one or more drivers for a better clue. My guess on those tags is that 2915 and 2935 represent manufacturing serial numbers and not the product model number. Put up some more pics of the inside if you do open them up - - that is often the best way to get to the bottom of these mysteries.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived