How to unscrew the Advent/3 Tweeter to check my crossovers

ToeB

Hello, my speakers were working great an I notice my tweeter doesn’t have any sound coming out of it. Do I disconnect the crossovers and reconnect them? 

Also, I need to access the tweeter, but there are screws on the inside of it. How do I get to those screws and how do I take them off?

Thanks,

ToeB

• 2 months later...

The crossover is on the back of the cabinet, inside. Typically you would remove the woofer by removing its screws, then remove some of the insulation inside the cabinet. This will reveal the crossover parts.  Howver you can also remove the tweeter, disconnect the wires going from the tweeter to the inside of the cabinet, and use an ohm meter to see what the tweeter's resistance is.  The same multimeter may also have a continuity tester which can be used to see if the tweeter has continuity.  If the continuity doesn't happen, or the tweeter has an ohm measurement that is way out of spec or it can't be measured, then the tweeter probably needs to be replaced.