AL-115 speakers

emoxley

Hello folks..........

New here, and a note to let y'all know I have a pair of Allison AL-115s I bought in 1994. I'm still using them, and still love them. About three years ago, I saw Allison had reopened for business. I sent them an email, telling them what I had, and how much I loved them. Roy sent me back an email, thanking me for my business, and telling me about the new version of my speakers. The PB 8.2 speakers, are the same speakers, as my AL-115s. They just did a name change, when they reopened, and started producing speakers again. The prices had changed a lot too. Mine were $400 pr. in 1994. The PB 8.2s were around $1200 pr.

I mentioned Allisons at another forum, and a guy linked me to a store in California, that had/has a new pair of Allison Ones on sale for $3610 pr. (normally $6000 pr.). See here: http://www.stereounlimited.com/Speakers.htm

I'm afraid they are out of my league.................

I would so love to have another pair of AL-115s or PB 8.2s, and a center channel speaker, to round out my system, but I'm afraid it will never happen, unless I win the lottery. Been out of work for two years, and health is keeping me from working anymore, so new purchases are out of the question. All I can do is imagine how good the system would sound, with Allisons all around the room. :)

Enjoying reading these Allison threads.

Hello folks..........

I would so love to have another pair of AL-115s or PB 8.2s, and a center channel speaker, to round out my system, but I'm afraid it will never happen, unless I win the lottery. Been out of work for two years, and health is keeping me from working anymore, so new purchases are out of the question. All I can do is imagine how good the system would sound, with Allisons all around the room. :)

Enjoying reading these Allison threads.

I do hope your luck turns around for you and you get your Allison speaker.

I used to write a lot to Roy Allison back the the AR days.

He always answered my sometimes silly letters, personally.

He certainly set a high standard for customer service.

Archived