Millersound Speaker Repairs

Dchristie

Hi folks, I just discovered that my original bass drivers for my 3a speakers need to be repaired. So, I will need to ship them from Spokane, WA back to Bill Legall on the East Coast. I have known Bill since he repaired my AR 5 bass drivers 30 years ago but never had to use his services again until now. So, after talking with Bill via the phone, he indicated to just include payment for the repairs with the drivers and to also include roundtrip shipping. Bill indicated that a personal check or money order is all he takes these days.

So, I am looking for some advice from anyone that has used Bill for his services lately and how did you handle the shipping charges / etc? In this age of PayPal, one doesn't usually have to estimate these things and pay everything up front and if you end up sending Bill  more than the actual shipping costs, does he refund you for the extra charges you sent ? Or, on the other hand if you estimate the roundtrip costs via the online tools of some of the carriers and it actually ends up being a little short for the return trip, how does he handle that as well? 

Bill is a great guy and I have no doubts about his repairs but I am not quite sure how to cover the roundtrip shipping costs before anything has shipped.:huh:

Thanks

Dean

27 minutes ago, Dchristie said:

In this age of PayPal, one doesn't usually have to estimate these things and pay everything up front and if you end up sending Bill  more than the actual shipping costs, does he refund you for the extra charges you sent ? Or, on the other hand if you estimate the roundtrip costs via the online tools of some of the carriers and it actually ends up being a little short for the return trip, how does he handle that as well? 

Maybe I'm missing something, but aren't these questions that Bill could answer on the phone or via email?

I'd suggest shipping your speakers to Bill, and then mailing him a payment that includes the cost of repair, and mirrors the actual amount that you spent to get the speakers to him.

That said, if you included an extra $20 as a buffer against the vagaries of the UPS and FedEx rate tables, would needing to spend that money be the end of the world?

Archived