Have you noticed any problems?

administrator

Please post here if you have noticed any problems on the website - images not showing up, I haven't posted information you sent me, etc.

Now that the server seems squared away and the new address (http://www.classicspeakerpages.net) is up and running, I'm trying to catch up on content and bug fixes.

I do know the "Discussion Forums" link needs to be updated in quite a few places, working on that. ;)

Thanks,

Mark

Mark -

There are attachments in discussions that point to nowhere. I'm sorry I didn't keep an example.

And I've noticed that trying to email Tom and Pete that neither of them have answered me (maybe I'm looking for replies that aren't coming) and that the word-wrap in the email doesn't seem to be working.

Other than that, no problems I've seen.

Bret

Mark,

Yes, the firewall experiment worked. I had to kill Zone Alarm, log-in, then bring Zone Alarm back up. I had no trouble from that point on. Now, without killing Zone Alarm, even after several re-starts, the cookie is in place and I'm not having any more trouble logging-in.

Might be worth others' trying.

Bret

• 1 month later...

>Please post here if you have noticed any problems on the

>website - images not showing up, I haven't posted information

>you sent me, etc.

>

>Now that the server seems squared away and the new address

>(http://www.classicspeakerpages.net) is up and running, I'm

>trying to catch up on content and bug fixes.

>

>I do know the "Discussion Forums" link needs to be updated in

>quite a few places, working on that. ;)

>

>Thanks,

>

>Mark

Hello Mark,

My only issue is a chronic one for me: images that don't seem to populate the message box. I have been able to "copy and paste" the URL in the actual attachment box and have a couple images pop up in the box, but this "force-feeding" doesn't seem to be the proper way to do it. Others don't seem to have the same problem, so I suspect there's a filter or something on my end that may be causing the problem. It is interesting, however, that the server gets the image each time, with the numbers, etc., but it will not load into the message box.

I'll keep trying....

--Tom

>Hi Tom,

>

>I'll be out of the country until the end of the week, but

>could you try posting an image into a message in this thread?

>I'll check it out if I can while on the road.

>

>Thanks!

>

>Mark

>

Mark,

Here is an image of the AR Music Room taken in the early 1960s, and featuring the art exhibits of "originals vs. reproductions," headlining AR's serious work into live-vs.-recorded music. I had to put the URL of this image in the body of this message to get it to load, and in this case for some reason it is overpoweringly large.

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/dc/user_files/380.jpg

--Tom Tyson

Hi Mark. I've noticed a dropoff in posts on non-AR speaker discussion areas since you changed the URL address. Just look at the last date of some of the posts. They go back 1-3 months. Perhaps a little "marketing" may be in order to alert all of your discussion members about the change.

Carl

Carl's Custom Loudspeakers

Hi Carl,

I could use some help on that front. I need to dedicate a good portion of my free time to scanning documents and posting them in the library. I've been set back a couple weeks by unexpcted travel for work.

Just this morning I began updating the website navigation to reflect the concepts of the "Library" and "Discussions." I also added a forum for the discussion of library additions and corrections.

On the marketing front, if people want to search Google and other search engines for websites containing the phrase "http://www.arsenal.net/speakers" and politely suggest they update that to "http://www.classicspeakerpages.net" that would be great. For those of you on eBay, suggesting to sellers that they link to the page on this website containing more information of the AR/KLH/Advent/etc. speakers they are selling to give more information to potential buyers is also a good idea.

Mark

Also, a very positive development - Google is now indexing the discussion content! I don't know when this began, but they must have updated their spidering technology to understand the software I run here. Just today I ran a Google search for:

"KLH Model 5"

And KLH forum posts appeared!

Mark

>Hi Tom,

>

>I haven't forgotten about this issue, I've just been tied up.

>Could you let me know specifically what the series of commands

>you are using is? I will replicate here from home.

>

>Mark

Hi Mark,

When I want to insert an image, I first click the "Click here to choose your attachments" line below the attachment box. The attachment box appears on the screen, and I follow Step 1, and click on the "Browse" button, select a JPEG file. Step 2, I select the radio button JPEG image file and at that time check the box to embed attachment URL in message text box. Step 3, I click on the Upload file! button. Once that is done, the file URL is given and the statement that file has loaded successfully, with a file #, and the indication that the file has been transferred to and loaded onto your server.

Back in the message box area, I look for the attachment to occur, but nothing happens there. The attachment does not show up in the Attachment box below the dialog box, so what I have been doing lately is to copy the attachment file in the body of the text where I want the image to appear, also copy it into the attachment box. When I then hit the Preview message button, the picture appears fairly normally in the message box, but the attachment file does not load such that someone could later come and click on the file and open it or copy it to their computer. Of course, they could right click on the image itself and do the same thing -- copy or open it to their computer.

So in the end, I am able to bring over files, but it doesn't seem to be exactly the way it was intended.

Best regards,

--Tom Tyson

Image example: Picture taken in Norwood AR factory in 1976

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/dc/user_files/390.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

I haven't figured out yet why your attachment URL's show up broken (I followed the process you mentioned and it seems to have worked) but I have realized the checkbox text regarding embedding the attachment URL is very misleading.

Essentially what happens, at least with JPEG's, is if you do *not* check embed the attachment URL, all that shows up in your message is the attachment URL. If you *do* check it, then the attachment URL and the picture show up.

That seems really odd to me. I'll talk to the author of the forum software about that language to get his thoughts. Push comes to shove, I can just change it myself in the code but don't want to screw up the other attachment types if the embed attachment URL text is more appropriate for them.

Mark

Archived