I wish members here would show photos of their set-ups and listening rooms

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Chops said:

I don't think I've ever been on a forum less active as this one. Man.

Are you referring to this "Pictures" forum or to the entire CSP site? The root/admin power holders have us throttled for good reason. It may look like we are all on Benzos but If you want a taste of how it once was, look in the Kitchen forum, which also BTW contains some good info.

Pictures of speakers and electronics have never been popular in MY time here except in the course of discussion threads.  The only reason this thread, which originated in the AR forum, is in  this "Pictures" forum location is because it appeared to be heating up while spiraling off topic and was moved to this spot , preliminary to Kitchen banishment.

Adams

1 hour ago, Chops said:

Yes, referring to the entire site. It's just stagnant. 

You are a member, feel free to start a thread in whichever forum your topic fits.  The AR forum is always humming, the others go in fits and starts.  The site is almost entirely about restoring and using vintage acoustic suspension speakers.  What are you expecting?

Adams

2 hours ago, Chops said:

Yes, referring to the entire site. It's just stagnant. 

not intending to start anything but....someone who "joined" less than a week ago in my opinion doesn't really have the chops to make such a statement.

I might go months between posts for one reason or another.

this is a hobby not a full time job, as Adams says if you have a topic of interest that fits the CSP genre, please post. you will find some forums don't get much play, others are quite active.

4 hours ago, Aadams said:

You are a member, feel free to start a thread in whichever forum your topic fits.  The AR forum is always humming, the others go in fits and starts.  The site is almost entirely about restoring and using vintage acoustic suspension speakers.  What are you expecting?

Adams

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing the site, but it does seem to be an AR exclusive site since that's the only section of the forum that's constantly moving. The rest of the sections see maybe half a dozen posts a week, if that.

4 hours ago, stupidhead said:

not intending to start anything but....someone who "joined" less than a week ago in my opinion doesn't really have the chops to make such a statement.

I might go months between posts for one reason or another.

this is a hobby not a full time job, as Adams says if you have a topic of interest that fits the CSP genre, please post. you will find some forums don't get much play, others are quite active.

Sure I have the "chops" to make such a statement. I'm just stating what I'm observing. It's not like I'm wrong or inaccurate about it. My amount of time here as a member has no bearing on it at all.

36 minutes ago, Chops said:

My amount of time here as a member has no bearing on it at all.

Good point, Chops, and I do tend to agree with this statement, even if your earlier comment might have been perceived as a critique without a solution for improvement.

Get involved and initiate your own threads in any section of this forum - - there are plenty of interested voices that will "Be MORE ACTIVE!"

And welcome aboard.

• frankmarsi changed the title to I wish members here would show photos of their set-ups and listening rooms

Archived