AR Euro cabinet profile dimensions

ra.ra

Even though I can probably estimate this close enough for my purposes, I thought I'd just ask if anyone can provide information on dimensions A, B, and C (see attached " back of envelope" sketch) that create the distinctive profile of AR's European cabinets. Also attached is composite pic showing this profile on (left to right): AR-2ax; AR-3a Improved; AR-5; and AR-6. 

My interest in this simply grows out of ideas that I am considering for methods to salvage (and improve) some damaged AR cabinets for another low budget restoration project. 

Euro cab profile dims.jpg

Euro cab profile.jpg

That's perfect - - - Thanks so much for the detailed information. This confirms two things: 1) dimension B is always slightly less than C; and 2) cabinet panels were indeed different thickness based on cabinet size/volume.  

And thanks for that great pic, larry-B - - it seems to suggest that this notched front profile is created from solid material which then receives a veneer overlay from the side panels.

How damaged are the cabinets? If you're not going to have to grind the fronts flat, I would just cut solid wood strips. If you are, I'd cut the whole notched fronts from solid pieces.

If the original front profiles are veneered, they were most likely machine made like molding. It's too cost and labor intensive to do by hand.

6 hours ago, genek said:

How damaged are the cabinets? If you're not going to have to grind the fronts flat, I would just cut solid wood strips. If you are, I'd cut the whole notched fronts from solid pieces.

If the original front profiles are veneered, they were most likely machine made like molding. It's too cost and labor intensive to do by hand.

Let us know how a solid strip works out. I have an AR-6 cab that was damaged. The strip is veneered and my repair is obvious to the point where I was thinking about using a varnish stain to hide it.

Weld

Archived