A link to vintage magazines with AR ads and test reports

Phxjohn

33 minutes ago, ar_pro said:

Check this site, too - it provides issues of "Audio" magazine from 1947 - 1999, as well as "High Fidelity" from the first issue in 1951, up to 1970.

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Audio-Magazine.htm

Now, if we could just find a good source for those years & years of "Stereo Review" issues from 1968 onward.

Cool ! Thanks !! I love reading this stuff. I save the links. I was looking at an old Allied Radio catalog online. I loved those as a kid and teenager. I saw  GE VR 1000-7 and VR 1000-5 phono cartridges. It interested me how they work....generating the signal right at the diamond. I won an Ebay auction for one tonight. I won a VR 1000-7 but the only difference is the stylus. If it has a 0.5 mil stylus, then it is the VR 1000-5 model. And I think last week I bought the only 0.5 mil stylus in existence for it. 

• 9 months later...

If anyone is interested, just Google GE VR 1000. In the past months, I have written volumes on this cartridge and particularly the styli. I discovered why most of the styli are useless. It took me a few months to figure it out but no one else figured it out in 56 years. I do use the VR 1000 with a system having AR 6 speakers. 

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:45 PM, ar_pro said:

Check this site, too - it provides issues of "Audio" magazine from 1947 - 1999, as well as "High Fidelity" from the first issue in 1951, up to 1970.

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Audio-Magazine.htm

Now, if we could just find a good source for those years & years of "Stereo Review" issues from 1968 onward.

Hi there

I just read this topic a few weeks ago, thank you very much.

Most all Audio magazines are complete and in downloadable condition, from 1950 - 1990+, thanks to the website owner.

I could only imagine if they were presently being newly sold including coupons on every other page, lot's of missing sections. LOL

Edgar Villchur was a very knowledgeable contributing author prior to AR.

Vern

Archived