What's it? (AR-3 driver?)

Kamolp

Kamol, are you the owner of these speakers? If so, I'm curious what price you've paid for them.

Concerning the originality of the additional tweeter, no, it's not an original tweeter but, was added at some point later in the speaker's life.

As far as I know it may sound decent by adding more high frequency response to an already reticent sounding speaker however,  this is a change that is not condoned by AR speaker fans for the most part.  If the high frequencies have been increased and not exaggerated and sounding false or overly 'hot' and the sound is acceptable to you, perhaps this will be O.K. as is?

FM

P.S. I highly recommend that you read as much as you can about AR speakers on this site and through out the web.

3 minutes ago, frankmarsi said:

Kamol, are you the owner of these speakers? If so, I'm curious what price you've paid for them.

Concerning the originality of the additional tweeter, no, it's not an original tweeter but, was added at some point later in the speaker's life.

As far as I know it may sound decent by adding more high frequency response to an already reticent sounding speaker however,  this is a change that is not condoned by AR speaker fans for the most part.  If the high frequencies have been increased and not exaggerated and sounding false or overly 'hot' and the sound is acceptable to you, perhaps this will be O.K. as is?

FM

Clearly!

This pair is not me, but my doubt is I feel it ugly, and why auction in Ebay in end with $2000?

I love sound signature of AR-3, will find for the beautiful pair but not sure I can afford it :P

Archived