Adding to the Model Six collection

samberger0357

Well, it's not much of a collection, so to speak. I have 3 of them now.  But these came up not far from my home yesterday for a very nice price and I couldn't resist. Serial numbers 13967 and 14409, the lowest I've ever owned(currently the 3 I own are all in the late teens and early 20's). Bought them from the 2nd owner, and they're in great shape. I adore my Six's. They work well with pretty much any amp(currently using a McIntosh MAC 1700 receiver to drive them), and they always produce nothing less then a real sweet presentation. Plus, they are audio history. Like my AR 3's, I plan on keeping them forever. 

klh4.jpg

klh3.jpg

klh2.jpg

klh1.jpg

Those have to be early examples. Do the back plates look like this?

100_2713_zps89f9f6b2.jpg

I too have three sets of these. This set with 69XXX  serial numbers have been dated to 1963. They have been re capped and resealed by me. Not a easy feat having to perform all work from the back. What a great sound coming from these. There is just something right about the sixes.

100_2709_zps86ece39c.jpg

100_2734_zpsf7d9f207.jpg

They sure do, as does my slightly later set. But that set doesn't have what looks like to me to be the plywood cabinets that these do that I've read about. In any case. they are beautiful

0510171817.jpg

KLH apparently went to particle board fairly early in its history. I have a pair of Model Ones,
serial 002 and 659. The early one has plywood sides, the later one does not.

Archived