AR90...Crazy deal...?

Liangshan Marsh

There was an ended list for the AR90 speakers on the bay for $200, free shipping...? So did the seller make a mistake when listing...? Because these two heavy speaker when shipping costing almost $300 or more..The seller will earn nothing even loses $100 bucks..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/192122245603

222.jpg

Yes, but I don't understand how come the seller said Local pick up on the bottom of descriptions but in the top shipping option the seller choosing free shipping..He could choose local pick up only in the shipping option..? (they make the buyer confuse ) and also there are some errors listing,,, looks at the PIC , this speaker is AR90, not AR9 as the title listed..

3-6-2017 3-09-40 PM.jpg

7 minutes ago, Stimpy said:

They've been relisted!  They're also now listed as AR90s.  Plus, with a Free Local Pickup provision.  Still a weird listing, as the Acoustic Research search shows the price at $325.  But the actual listing, shows a $350 Buy It Now price.  Regardless, a decent deal.

Thanks Stimpy for report back, I have never owned an AR90 speakers so I don't know what is the minimum price range for these speakers...

Liangshan, my pleasure.  Plus, the AR90s are awesome speakers.  Perfect for a not too large room.  If a very large room, the AR9s are probably better. 

Also, this listing must be from a newbie seller.  They're still editing the auction, and now all the pricing shows as $350.

I might see if my brother will pick them up for me BUT I really want to find some 9's

Liangshan: $800 to $900 for a pair in top condition and xovers original.

Vintage-ar has a pair for sale on eBay for $895

2 hours ago, DavidR said:

I might see if my brother will pick them up for me BUT I really want to find some 9's

Liangshan: $800 to $900 for a pair in top condition and xovers original.

Vintage-ar has a pair for sale on eBay for $895

Thanks DavidR for tips me the AR90s price range..I saw the listing 1st popped up with $200 BIN and It last about ten minutes and sold... If I know You or other member in this Forums are interested in it and can do Local pick up, I will help, grab it quickly.. :)

I thought about it but I already have a pair and really want to score a pair of AR9's. I have no way to get them from Ohio to MA. If they were 9's I'd drive out there.

I bought my AR90 pair from Vintage-AR many years ago. The only thing you will need to worry about is re-doing the crossovers at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

There is an AR9, just popped up on Colorado local CL for $500, looks like a good deal...?

https://cosprings.craigslist.org/ele/6056505055.html

@ I sent a little offer $350, seller said, let wait... so I think he may accept the deal for $400 to $450

58d3efc9e988e_3-23-20179-50-21AM.thumb.jpg.8835f89ac88b400a6b10ef34e6363483.jpg

Archived