Speaker cabel

Arvid

I have a pair of vintage banger olofsen speakers and on the end of the cabel its a unfamiliar input adapter. And My question is if i could cut the adapter of and skin the cabel and just use the two copper wires to plug into My stereo/amplifier.

• 5 months later...

A belated welcome Arvid

Sorry for the delayed response and please ignore the crass sales pitch from the first person who answered. That response will probably be removed by the moderator.

I'm not real familiar with B&O speakers (this is a New England speaker forum and those are European) but I think at least some of them are active (i.e. powered) speakers and they use a DIN connector. In that case--no. You can't connect them to your receiver as you describe. The first photo below is a DIN connector. It has the silver collar and 5 to 8 pins.

OTOH, some B&O speakers are passive and use a 2-pin connector. In that case you could cut the wire. The second pic below is a 2-pin passive speaker connector.

Best bet is to post a photo of the connector.

-Kent

powerlink-compatible-black-8-pin-din-plugs-pack-of-4-plugs.jpg

-2pin-plugs-.jpg

• 6 months later...

Where did you find those photos Kent?  "Stock", or do you know a vendor?

The last two pin plugs I bought I had to get through a Telefunken collector friend in Germany (they are easy to buy there at brick and mortar electronic shops for just a few bucks) - the German version of a Radio Shack or a Best Buy is where mine came from

The asking here was insane (at least when I was looking for them)

Thank you Kent

Craig

Sorry to disappoint--those are stock photos. But look for "2-pin speaker plug" on ebay. I see lots of them, cheap (like 10 for $7). Good luck.

Kent

On 1/16/2018 at 1:34 PM, JKent said:

Sorry to disappoint--those are stock photos. But look for "2-pin speaker plug" on ebay. I see lots of them, cheap (like 10 for $7). Good luck.

Kent

Thanks Kent,

I'm good for now, have two sets stashed, was just wondering

I did search your image and it led me to one of those vendors asking an arm and a leg

Thanks again

Craig

Archived