Golden Ears

JKent

32 minutes ago, Liangshan Marsh said:

Hi Lakecat! Yes both are the SS9090, they are all original nice working condition, perfect matched for my High Def Mythos STS and Altec 803b-811d horn speakers... I had tried the SS9090 couple times for my AR3s... but since It rates 8ohms and lack of the bass I was only using it for the other 8 ohms speakers... I wish I have the pure power Sansui g9000db or Marantz 2500/2600/2385 to match up with my AR3s speakers that my friend said It gave the AR3s an excellent sound,( very details and tight warm bass)

Nice receiver. I almost went with a S-X900 but went for the Carver MXR150. Both companies went by the wayside. I wish Sansui was still producing audio gear.

P1070143.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/29/2016 at 8:00 PM, Liangshan Marsh said:

Hi Lakecat! Yes both are the SS9090, they are all original nice working condition, perfect matched for my High Def Mythos STS and Altec 803b-811d horn speakers... I had tried the SS9090 couple times for my AR3s... but since It rates 8ohms and lack of the bass I was only using it for the other 8 ohms speakers... I wish I have the pure power Sansui g9000db or Marantz 2500/2600/2385 to match up with my AR3s speakers that my friend said It gave the AR3s an excellent sound,( very details and tight warm bass)

Very nice. The 9090 will handle 4ohm so no problems here. It has been recapped and I do use the loudness button as it is the bedroom system. I rarely go past the nine o'clock position on volume so it does give it more push on the sound....and has plenty of bass.

Archived