Golden Ears

JKent

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, lakecat said:

This is what I hear from a few forums......lol.....

audiophile forums.jpg

Always enjoyed the Rodrigues cartoons in Stereo Review.   Somethings never change.  Today's audiophile publications are laden with flowery descriptive phrases such as "liquid", "speed" and "timing".  Have our speakers  turned into mushy metronomes?  Or my favorite "these speakers 'throw up" a (fill in your adjective) soundstage".  Are my speakers vomiting sound?

OK

Here's another. You have to remember this was published about 40 years ago IIRC, so adjusted for inflation, $4,600 would be about $20,000 today.

-K

speakers.jpg

On 12/29/2016 at 7:47 AM, JKent said:

Not a cartoon, but it struck a chord

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 9.46.14 AM.png

,,, Agree with YOU JKent!!! Although my vintage audio system is not  worth much but I am not expected one day I died suddenly, for cleaned up the room my wife will give it away to some one or donate to GW...

DSC03.jpg

15 minutes ago, samberger0357 said:

I think that system is worth a few more $$ then you're giving it credit for,  Liangshan. I'm quite envious. 

Yup Sam! My wife always complained why I was collected a lot of vintage speakers and advised me keeping just one pair that is enough... Every time I bought a new pair I told her It cost just $20-$30 bucks from a garage sales... so so,,,

5 hours ago, Liangshan Marsh said:

,,Agreed with YOU JKent!!! Although my vintage audio system is not  worth much but I am not expected one day I died suddenly, for cleaned up the room my wife will give it away to some one or donate to GW...

a.jpg

Marsh.... I see two Sansui receivers. I think one is a 9090..and other? The 9090 was the first BIG receiver I bought back in 1976. Still have it and use it today. Had it recapped about four years ago. Got it matched to some 3a's and the 12's in my bedroom.

Hi Lakecat! Yes both are the SS9090, they are all original nice working condition, perfect matched for my High Def Mythos STS and Altec 803b-811d horn speakers... I had tried the SS9090 couple times for my AR3s... but since It rates 8ohms and lack of the bass I was only using it for the other 8 ohms speakers... I wish I have the pure power Sansui g9000db or Marantz 2500/2600/2385 to match up with my AR3s speakers that my friend said It gave the AR3s an excellent sound,( very details and tight warm bass)

Archived