Anybody ever run 3's and 3a's simultaneously?

samberger0357

Hey David,

That setup looks fantastic and can imagine how great it must sound.

i started on my second pair of 3's and got the caps and pots in for initial sound test and all drivers are working though the mid will need to go to Roy for some magic. Their sound is somewhat recessed.

Once these are completed, I'm also going to try stacking them with my other 3's.

Look forward to hearing more about your systems sonics!

Glenn

• 1 month later...

For saving the room space I stacked up the AR3/3a into the bookshelf ... I don't have any big AMP so using the Crown XLS 1002, left channel for AR3s and the right one for AR3a.. It sounds pretty good with my ears but  when recorded video clip via the Samsung S4 , the sound is reduced too weak..

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all C.S.P Members!!!

On November 3, 2016 at 9:18 PM, larrybody said:

I have two pre-amps currently, both Adcom's.  One is a GFP-555 which has a set of outputs labeled LAB and a set labeled NORMAL.  The LAB outputs are direct coupled and the NORMAL outputs are capacitance coupled.   The other is a GFP 555II which also has outputs labeled BYPASS and MAIN which are basically the same as the LAB and NORMAL on the GFP-555.  Both my amps will accept the higher bandwidth that the LAB and BYPASS outputs offer.  This gives me a chance to experiment around with different connections.  Eventually I will find something more upscale, but this is a start into separates for me. 

IMG_0603_zps9av0krgi.jpg

I need to get cracking on these 3a's. New grills are complete. Woofers are re-foamed.  Crossovers next and then sanding and refinishing the cabs. I have stacked both KLH and AR 5's, New Large Advents, 2ax's and a few others. Stacked 3a's has been on my bucket list for a while now. Need to get er done.

IMG_0604_zpslydw8ryz.jpg

IMG_0605_zpskpsndv8z.jpg

The refoam looks great! Keep at it!

Archived