What AR grill is this?....

lakecat

Went tonight to meet a guy at a library to do a local pickup on an AR 5 that he had on Ebay. $55...so couldn't resist....:) All drivers work so my luck continues.

Anyways...it is raining and I am throwing the speaker in back seat and he hands me another grill. Thought it was another 5 grill...so thanked him and took off. I get home and look at it. It is different and about quarter inch higher than the 5 grill and about one half inch narrower. Anyone know what speaker it goes too? Thanks.

$55 Ebay listing  for an AR 5, all the drivers work?  Do you live in Mayberry?

Seriously, in the Bay Area, it could have rat droppings, the drivers hanging out, wood eaten away, etc, and still be asking a couple of Benjamin's. Never, ever see those deals around here. 

But I digress. Congratulations on a wonderful pick up. 

7 hours ago, lakecat said:

Lol....I am always watching. This popped up.....and ya all had a chance....and when I saw he was local....bid on it.......now the cab is rough....lots of scratches but not damaged...so can save it. I enjoy saving stuff like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172381021742?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hi Lakecat!

Congs! You you had found the nice pair of LST

I had saw this single AR5 listing when It popped up...

@ Sam, although all the items listing on E.B are normal to high or very high price,, but  If we are always watching the EB in the right time, we are still have a chance BIN the good stuffs at fair price that popped up like ''flash'' and gone ... Like this fair price of AR-4 speaker :BIN for $160 O.B.O+30shipping ( normally this pair will end up over $300 if listing for auction..).

2 minutes ago, Liangshan Marsh said:

Sam, although all the items listing on E.B are normal to high or very high price,, but  If we are always watching the EB in the right time, we are still have a chance BIN the good stuffs at fair price that popped up like ''flash'' and gone

Lliangshan  yes but the right time for me would be every second of every day. Actually, I do have notfcation watches in place for certain things that I'm looking for that don't come up very often. 

Also, I mistakenly read the OP. I assumed it was for 2, not one speaker. That said, it's a steal even for the one. And I'm very envious. 

2 hours ago, Liangshan Marsh said:

... but  If we are always watching the EB in the right time, we are still have a chance BIN the good stuffs at fair price that popped up like ''flash'' and gone ... Like this fair price of AR-4 speaker :BIN for $160 O.B.O+30shipping ( normally this pair will end up over $300 if listing for auction..).

Here is a decent pair of 4x's for bin $159 (252584672984) which I thought was normal price range for a late model set. I'm still waiting for a local set for under $50 ;)

Roger

2 hours ago, owlsplace said:

Here is a decent pair of 4x's for bin $159 (252584672984) which I thought was normal price range for a late model set. I'm still waiting for a local set for under $50 ;)

Roger

Hi Owlsplace!

The cheapest Ar-4x I bought in local CL for $60 a month ago,,, about E.B the AR-4 and early 4x with the serial below 40xxx, that was very hard to find with  the price range around $150 (BIN) some time just popped up and sold quickly...

BTW , the Denver CL is listing the Adcom pre555II+555II amp for a fair price, $400 o.b.o

https://denver.craigslist.org/ele/5840240742.html

12 hours ago, Liangshan Marsh said:

The cheapest Ar-4x I bought in local CL for $60 a month ago,,, about E.B the AR-4 and early 4x with the serial below 40xxx, that was very hard to find with  the price range around $150 (BIN) some time just popped up and sold quickly...

BTW , the Denver CL is listing the Adcom pre555II+555II amp for a fair price, $400 o.b.o

Agree on that, the early 4's and 4x's tend to be pricey

One 555II is enough for me, but that is a good price for the pair :)

Roger

Archived